Franciscan Well Friar Weisse is a German style unfiltered wheat beer. It is brewed to be a fresh, zesty wheat beer with citrus notes on the palate and a powerful aroma of clove and banana imparted by a unique yeast strain. Shane adheres to the strict German brewing process to deliver this fantastic beer.
Friar Weisse is available on Draught and in a 330ml Can.
There have been monks seeking inspiration in Cork since the early Middle Ages, all the time brewing beer in the German tradition which inspired us to do the same… Naturally, it tastes divine.
Friar Weisse’s high carbonation means it will cleanse the palette making it an ideal companion for many foods. The light, zesty flavours will complement lighter flavoured dishes.
- Serve: 6c
- Complements: Classic Ceaser Salad, White Fish
- Ingredients: Speciality German Weisse Yeast, Irish Lager Malt and Wheat Malt
- Appearance: Golden and Cloudy
- Aroma: Banana, Lemon, Clove
- Taste: Banana with a hint of clove
- Mouth feel: Lively carbonation reinforces a zesty light mouth feel
- Finish: Citric and Lingering